Happy 3 month anniversary cfingerd remote bug!

From: zen-parseat_private
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 09:51:24 PDT

    Remotish / localish  exploit.

    I wrote this last night, unaware someone else was going to post something
    today.

    Here is another exploit for the format string problem in cfingerd<=1.4.3,
    using a slightly different method for exploiting it. Anti script-kiddied
    by me being lazy.

    Exploit redirects fopen() call to popen() and executes code from
    ~/.nofinger

    Read the comments.

     -- zen-parse

                       M4D PR0PZ T0 :