RE: W2k: Unkillable Applications

From: Red Wolf (redwolfrrat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 10:43:33 PDT

    I have no problem terminating processes using:
    Process Explorer
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml
    or PSTools (PSKill) http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

    RedWolf
    ---------------------------
    ---------------------------
    > > Task Manager in Windows 2000 refuses to kill any process named
    > > - winlogon.exe
    > > - csrss.exe
    > > - smss.exe
    > > - services.exe
    > > showing a message box stating that this is a critical system
    > > process and
    > > cannot be ended by task manager.

    To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
    all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com