Re: Linux, too, sot of (Windows MS-DOS Device Name DoS vulnerabilities)

From: Robin Houston (robinat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 08:41:54 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 06:00:16AM +0900, Ishikawa wrote:
    > The problem URL that caused the hung of browser,
    > at least, on my PC is the following.
    >
    >     file:///dev/pty0
    >
    > This locked my netscape navigator solid.

    On my Mozilla 0.8.1 (linux 2.2.18 system) that didn't crash the
    browser. HOWEVER, loading

    file:///dev/console

    prevented the keyboard from functioning until I exited Mozilla.
    Of course, Mozilla can be exited using the mouse, so it isn't a
    showstopper problem. But it could be very disconcerting if you
    didn't realise what had happened.

     .robin.