RE: IIS5 .idq exploit

From: Marc Maiffret (marcat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:47:06 PDT

    SANS is a bit behind the curve if they have just announced this today as
    this has been around for a few weeks now. First on some geocities website,
    then on packetstorm, then finally on the win2ksec mailing list (and a few
    others).

    As a side note... a few people have confused the .ida worm with hsj's
    exploit... hsj's exploit is _not_ a worm. Just wanted to clear that up for
    the handful of people I have seen misreporting things.

    Signed,
    Marc Maiffret
    Chief Hacking Officer
    eEye Digital Security