Full analysis of the .ida "Code Red" worm - solve the problem

From: Frank Steinert (Frank.Steinertat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 05:47:09 PDT

    To protect your IIS against it you can do this:

    Remove the ".ida" entries in ISAPI-assignments of each site. There for you
    can use the management console -> basic directory -> (application settings)
    -> configuration.

    A simple other way is to remove idq.dll from your system32 directory, if you
    don't use the index server.

    Since we've done this, our servers are immune.

    *
    * Frank Steinert
    * mailto:Frank.Steinertat_private
    * http://www.protime.de