Re: Sambar Web Server pagecount exploit code

From: Axel Hammer (info@daten-treuhand.de)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 08:58:10 PDT

    kyprizel schrieb:

    > by default, there is a pagecount script with Sambar Web Server
    >  it's situated at http://sambarserver/session/pagecount
    >  counter writes it's temporary files at c:\sambardirectory\tmp
    >  if we'll write http://sambarserver/session/pagecount?page=index
    >  it will create file in Sambar temp directory with name index
    >  and if we'll write
    >  http://sambarserver/session/pagecount?page=../../../../../../autoexec.bat
    >  script will rewrite first simbols of c:\autoexec.bat with it's number
    >  so we able to add some text to any file on the disk...

    Can confirm this on Sambar 4.4production (intranet only ;-) and W2kpro. Since
    our installations use different drives for data and webpages vs. OS and
    programs we found out that on the drive where the SAMBAR-programs are located
    only an existing AUTOEXEC.bat ist affected, but no new file AUTOEXEC.bat e.g.
    is created.

    Regards, Axel Hammer

    --
    de: