Re: bug w2k

From: BrainMast (brain_masterat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 23:34:41 PDT

    I was able to reproduce this on my win2k pro sp2 english system. You need to
    press F7 and Enter repetitively very quickly and not wait for the program to
    complete.

    But doesn't seem to be network related. I was able to make it happen with a
    "dir *.ini /s". Type this in press Enter and immediately press F7 and Enter
    several times quickly then press Cntl-C, the dir will stop due to the break
    combo, display another 2 "dir *.ini /s" on the console then freeze for a
    moment and reboot.

    Appears that there is a problem with the console (aka cmd.com) when trying
    to send several command very quickly while a program is running but only
    crashes after the 1st program completes. Running something like Echo Hi
    World! or TYPE boot.ini doesn't appear to be affected, they complete as soon
    as you press enter (on my ath 1.2). Just my guess by the observations I've
    noticed.

    Doesn't appear to be much of a security problem unless you want to crash the
    system.