Re: KaZaA + Morpheus sharing files

From: Stefan Laudat (stefanat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 02:08:09 PDT

    > I've found a bug in Kazaa 1.3.1 and Morpheus 1.3.  I'll refer to them as K/M.  I've found this bug to occur when the download directory is changed from the default "My Shared Folder" to something else.

    Looks to me like a feature, not a bug. As long as I'm changing the
    path to wherever I want (either I disable or enable sharing) it's
    my fault as user. Kazaa comes with a standard target folder so the
    default installation *IS HARMLESS*.

    > Connect to http://yourip:1214 in your web browser and you should see some files.  If you don't, try changing your downloaded folders location to something like c:\ or c:\windows.
    > Workarounds include keeping the download directory at the default My Shared Folder, using a firewall to block incoming requests to port 1214 and checking the box that says Disable file sharing with other Kazaa/Morpheus users in the Downloads and uploads tab.

    Once more this shows that Kazaa is not an 'idiot-proof' program like
    many other :(.

    My .02 ROL in their descent to hell.

    --
    Stefan Laudat