Re: Re: URGENT MICROSOFT SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT

From: dannyschnellerat_private
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 00:14:45 PDT

    I do not know this for sure, but it seems to me that the patch made
    available from Microsoft influences other network services too. Since
    installing today on a remote machine via VNC and restarting the server
    (W2K Server, German) I have been unable to connect to the machine
    via VNC again. IIS, WarFTP and Mercuy Mailservers however seem to
    be working fine on the same machine.

    Another server (Windows NT4, SP6a, English) seems to be affected,
    too. After installing the patch I was unable to connect to it via SSH to
    the
    installed Cygwin SSHD.

    So although I am not completely sure about the cause of these
    malfunctions you should be careful installing the patch, especially on
    machines you cannot easily reach physically.

    Daniel Schneller