HP Jetdirect passwords don't sync

From: Will Backman (whbat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 13:48:38 PDT

    I have noticed this in a variety of JetDirect products over the past year.
    When I got the new one, it is still a problem.

    If you configure the device through the web interface, and set the admin
    password, it does not create a password for the telnet interface.

    Admins who think they have secured the device by giving it a password may
    end up with a false sense of security (even though the passwords can
    easily be sniffed.)

    Will Backman
    Coastal Enterprises, Inc.