RE: MS-DOS Filename/Directory Vulnerability

From: Troy Murray (murrayt5at_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 19:07:19 PDT

    Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
    Key:  \CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
    Name: NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 1 (turns off 8.3 name generation, only 16 bit need).

    Troy D. Murray
    Microcomputer Hardware/Software Coordinator
    Michigan State University
    College of Human Medicine
    Department of Medicine
    Immunohematology & Serology Lab