Re: Arkeia Possible remote root & information leakage

From: Joe Glass (joeat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 10:13:28 PDT

    More importantly, you could run a command as root on any box that is
    backed up by Arkeia.  (I'm sure you already know this, but it wasn't
    completely clear in this e-mail).  I forwarded your e-mail to the Arkeia
    userlist.  It seems as though the moderators at Knox don't let these
    e-mails show up on their userlist though.  I forwarded the last security
    issue that was talked about on bugtrack to the userlist serveral times,
    but it never appeared.  Which doesn't make sense to me.

    --
    Joe Glass
    Technical Support Services, Michigan State University