Re: qmail starttls patch does not seed the random number generator

From: D. J. Bernstein (djbat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 10:29:58 PDT

    Jack Lloyd writes:
    > the fact that qmail doesn't seed the RNG is a serious error

    Nonsense. There is no TLS RNG in qmail. The patch under discussion is
    not part of qmail. I didn't write the patch. I haven't reviewed it. I
    don't distribute it. I don't use it. I am not responsible for its bugs.

    For the record: I have authorized _none_ of the third-party patches that
    are available for my software. Most of those patches are garbage.

    ---Dan