pam limits drops privileges

From: Tarhon-Onu Victor (mitucat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 14:37:52 PDT

    	Tested with: RedHat Linux
    		pam-0.74-22, pam-0.75-7, util-linux-2.10s,
    		util-linux-2.10s-12, in any combination.
    	Posted on: Bugzilla and Pam-Bugs.
    	Distribution dependent: dunno, but I think it's a pam bug.

    	Problem description: If there are any limits set for a group of
    users then those users, logging in by any method using /bin/login (console
    login, telnet, etc) can get privileges of the last user last logged in
    via ssh (we're using openssh).
    	How to reproduce:
    	# groupadd testgroup
    	# useradd testuser -g testgroup
    	# echo '@testgroup  -  maxlogins  2'
    	ssh (let's say) as root into your box, then telnet into it and
    login as testuser... and enjoy.

    	I think this is a big problem because It's difficult to manage a

    --
    Tarhon-Onu Victor
    Network and System Engineer