Re: Insecure handling of notes in Slashcode

From: Chris Nandor (pudgeat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 07:48:40 PDT

    I just want to clarify that the Plastic issue (and best wishes to Joey et
    al to get access so they can fix the problem) is *not* an issue with Slash.
    Their messaging system is their own.  The messaging system to be released
    with Slash 2.2 is unrelated to Plastic's system.  There is no vulnerability
    issue here with Slash, only with sites using Plastic's messaging "plugin"
    to Slash (and I know of no other sites doing so).

    	http://www.net-security.org/text/bugs/999961861,49159,.shtml

    The original notice at net-security.org stated that they looked at the
    Slash bug database for mention of the issue and found none, and that they
    did not know what versions of Slash were affected, and that they did not
    know if this was a Slash thing or a Plastic thing.  Simply contacting the
    Slash mailing lists, filing a bug report, or contacting us directly would
    have cleared it up immediately.

    Yay.

    Joey, good luck in getting this fixed,

    --