Re: mailto links

From: Scott Buchanan (scottat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 21:54:43 PDT

    Note also that Netscape doesn't ever seem to deal with UUEncode'd
    attachments, so its not really particular to _this_ 'bug'. I don't
    think this is much of a worry, as, AFAIK, mailto links can't force
    an email to be sent, they can only pop-up a mail window. In which
    case it relies on the user to be stupid enough to click 'Send' on
    a message that most likely smells funny.

    Martin Stricker wrote:

    > Craig Humphrey schrieb:
    > >
    > > Works with Outlook98 (from IE5.5sp1), though my new email window is
    > > large enough to see the file.
    >
    > Does *not* work with Netscape Communicator 4.75 German, instead of an
    > attachment I got this in the test email:
    >
    > begin 666 x.vbs
    > M35-'0D]8(E1H:7,@=V%S(&$@:&ED9&5N(&%T=&%C:&UE;G0A(#QD;VYT<&%N
    > 1:6,Y.3E >6%H;V\N8V]M/B(`
    > `
    > end

    Regards,

    Scott Buchanan                        [ scott.buchananat_private ]=-.
    Axe Online Pty. Limited - ABN 62 095 107 814 - Web: www.axe.net.au    )
    Level 1, 51A Hume St. Crows Nest, NSW, 2065  Phone: (02) 9437-0920   o