Yet another path disclosure vulnerability

From: KK Mookhey (kkmookheyat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 02:02:08 PDT

    Product: Oracle 9i Application Server.

    However, if a request is made for a non-existent .jsp file, the complete path is shown.
    For instance, if you were to make the following request at a server running Oracle 9iAS,
    http://server/Content/Home/anyfile.jsp,
    then the output would be:

    <Output begins>
                                                JSP Error:

    Request URI:/Content/Home/Jsp/anyfile.jsp

    Exception:
    javax.servlet.ServletException: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
    d:\oracle\ias\apache\apache\htdocs\company\content\home\jsp\anyfile.jsp
    (The system cannot find the file specified)
    <End of output>

    In case, this is already documented, my apologies. I couldn't find it in the vulnerabilities database of Security Focus, and a
    google search failed too.

    Severity: Minor irritation

    Systems Affected: I guess anyone running the product. I got the results on a Win 2K machine.

    Thats about it.

    K. K. Mookhey

    --Sorry, ran out of cool witticisms--