Re: ARCserve 6.61 Share Access Vulnerability

From: ron (rdrat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 12:14:58 PDT

    Yes, I just took a look at the newsletter.  I had informed them on Sept. 7 and they were relatively quick with a patch
    -- for ARCServe 2000.

    So from reading the responses, I would say if you're running anything prior to ARCServe 2000 _and_ you have the vulnerability,
    the best course of action is to change the share permissions.

    Not sure why the share is there.  It may be for a Network Agent of some sort.  Best to ask CA.

    -rdr