Re: hylafax

From: Robert van der Meulen (rvdmat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 09:54:12 PDT

    Hi,

    Quoting christer.obergat_private (christer.obergat_private):
    > There are some format strings vulnerbilities in the lastest hylafax package
    > try faxrm -h %x 1 or faxalter -h %x -D 1 for "proof of concept".
    > Both faxrm and faxalter are installed setuid uucp on FreeBSD (installed from
    > port collection). uid uucp is not that exciting but with some luck you'll
    > find uucp owned binaries running from cron with uid 0.
    Just for everyone's I:

    This 'works' on Debian stable/unstable, but faxrm/faxalter are non-suid (as
    all other hylafax-client binaries).

    Greets,
    	Robert

    --
    			      Linux Generation
       encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdmat_private for my GnuPG/PGP key.