Re: HACMP and port scans

From: Alex Polli (apolliat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 04:36:12 PDT

    Yes, I've faced this. In fact, the tcp connect() function, when applied to
    certain HACMP ports causes the system to shut down that node. However, if
    you make a SYN scan it won't happen.

    IBM has given us no workaround, so we deployed a firewall in front of the
    cluster machine, dropping packets to the HACMP ports.

    Another gift from IBM to you.