VB6 Backcolor loop causes 100% CPU usage

From: Austin Ensminger (skreamat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 21:54:57 PDT

    Hello,
        I recently found this while messing around on a free day in my
    computer programming class. It's a simple program that loops backcolor
    hex values infinitely in a simple goto loop. When executed it causes the

    machine to instantly jump to 100% CPU usage. This might be from the
    program looping the backcolors. I'm not sure though.
        This is what the source looks like:

    Private Sub Form_Load()
    GoTo g:

    g:
        frmMain.BackColor = &HEBBD78
        frmMain.BackColor = &HFF&
        frmMain.BackColor = &HFFFF&
        frmMain.BackColor = &HFF00FF
        frmMain.BackColor = &HC0C0FF
    GoTo g:

    End Sub

    This has been tested only on Windows 2000 Professional machines.

    Have a good one,
    --
    Austin Ensminger
    skreamat_private