Re: another fatal bug in NT/2000 "Command Prompt" I/O

From: IIJIMA Hiromitsu (delmontaat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 21:36:13 PST

    Hi Chris,

    > What's interesting is...the test program was also compiled with Cygwin's
    > Cygnus Win32 gcc compiler....and the problem did not occur.  It seems this
    > might be a bug with MS C stdio libraries?

    It seems the bug is in MS console API, not in MS C library, because
       - the problem occurs when the test program is compiled with Borland C++.
       - substuting printf() with WriteFile(), which printf() and stdio libbary
         functions internally use, will also cause the problem.

    The fact that it does not occur with Cygwin's gcc may be because Cygwin's
    library does many things for the purpose of supporting ANSI escape sequences
    or other UNIX features.

    P.S. The problem occurs on Windows XP also.

    飯嶋 浩光 / でるもんた             http://www.ht.sakura.ne.jp/~delmonta/
    IIJIMA Hiromitsu, aka Delmonta           mailto:delmontaat_private
                                             mailto:delmontaat_private