Re: ZoneAlarm Pro Local Internet not only Locally!

From: Kutulu (kutuluat_private)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 18:50:03 PST

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Philip Wagenaar" <PB.Wagenaarat_private>
    To: <bugtraqat_private>
    Cc: <webmasterat_private>
    Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 2:22 AM
    Subject: ZoneAlarm Pro Local Internet not only Locally!

    > However ZAP in certain cases classifies connections as Local when they
    > really aren't Local. All connections that have the same 2 octets as your
    > IP (ex. Your ip 123.123.123.123 -> 123.123.*.*) are also considered
    > Local.

    In the free version, it adds your entire IP subnet as "local".  You can
    check this in the Advanced part of the security settings, it should add your
    NIC's IP network as local.  You can also remove the entry if, for example,
    you're on a cable modem and your subnet includes hundreds of remote
    untrusted machines.  I would assume that Pro has at least the same level of
    functionality, if not more.

    --K