Re: How to use Google to find confidential informations

From: Michele Finelli (mat_private)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 08:17:53 PST

    * Vincent GAILLOT (vgaillotat_private-lyon.fr) [011119 17:11]:
    > Hi, I am a french student and I heard recently about the capacity of google to
    > deal with documents from Word, Excel or Powerpoint.
    >
    > So, I don't know if it is a great technical bug, but I know about hacking and
    > security

    I think that this is not a real (new) issue, after all search engines are
    just indexing what is already available on the Net. I would like to
    suggest you the reading of the last issue of IEEE Computer, October 2001
    (well, at least from me, perhaps in USA the November issue is already
    out). It has very nice articles on security, and the first of them reads:

    ``Search Engines as Security Threat'', Hernandez, Sierra, Ribagorda, Ramos

    I think you may obtain it from http://www.computer.org

    --
     .*.                            finelli
     /V\

    Politics makes strange bedfellows, and journalism makes strange politics.
    		-- Amy Gorin