Mac Netscape password fields

From: behrat_private
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 08:27:59 PST

    I apologize if this is well known, but the thread about IE password
    inputs reminded me of a somewhat more serious problem in Netscape for
    MacOS (v. 4.77, and at least some earlier ones):

      access a page with <input type="password" ...>
      type something in that field
      print

    The "secret" string prints in clear text.

    --
    Eric Behr         | NIU Mathematical Sciences      | (815) 753 6727
    behrat_private | http://www.math.niu.edu/~behr/ |  fax: 753 1112