Re: Information Leak Bug in Netscape Mail

From: Scott Dier (diemanat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 13:07:11 PST

    > All versions of Netscape Mail that the GOBBLES researchers tested seemed
    > to be vulnerable to this attack.

    I believe this was reported to Mozilla's bugzilla eons ago and Is *not*
    leaking information (tested with 0.9.5)

    I think it was fixed somewhere back in the milestones.  Thus, the
    current release of netscape mail doesn't have this issue, I think.  I'm
    guessing you were working with 4.7x? or one of the old 6.x beta/preview
    releases?

    Thanks

    --
    Scott Dier <diemanat_private> <sdierat_private>
    http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxosat_private

    So I ran up to him, and the exchange went something like this:
    Me: Oh my god! You're Larry Niven!
    Him: Oh my god! You're Wil Wheaton!
    	-Wil Wheaton, in a Slashdot interview