Update: FTP "Network Place" with saved password will reveal cached password

From: Aaron Heck (AHeckat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 10:59:34 PST

    Sorry guys.

    I just tested this on Windows 2000 through "My Network Places" - same
    result.

    Also tested it on Win98 just through Internet Explorer (since W2K/XP
    just use IE for network places) with the same result.

    Interestingly enough, though, if you punch in the whole address complete
    with the dual ../../ at the end, it doesn't show the password.  It only
    occurs if you actually enter the ../ once, press enter, add it again,
    and press enter again.

    Thanks!

    Aaron