FTPXQ default install read/write capabilities

From: Brice Carlson (tuck167at_private)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 19:58:02 PST

    FTPXQ default install read/write capabilities
    by Brice Carlson

    ****
    System
    ****
    ftpXQ by www.datawizard.net

    ****
    Problem
    ****
    Upon default setup. Through anonymous and through the user name and pass of
    test you have read/write capabilities to drive c:

    ****
    Vendor Notification Date.
    ****

    December 4, 2001

    ****
    Vendor Response to email.
    ****

    Hi Brice, Yes, those IDs are configured by default to have access for the
    C:\ drive for the purpose of an administrator testing the server. We assume
    that every responsible administrator will run the server first in a test
    environment, and not in a production setting, or on an IP that is exposed to
    the internet. Administrators should obviously change the access for both of
    these accounts and/or change the User IDs before putting it into a
    production environment. As a result of your email however, we will change
    the default access for the anonymous user to be read only, as well as post a
    message at the end of the install noting the default access for the test
    users. Sincerely, Rahim

    Rahim Mawji Director,
    Applications Development
    DataWizard Technologies