Re: DoS bug on Tru64

From: Dennis Jenkins (djenkinsat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 11:40:17 PST

    :)  I took down our production Tandem S series mainframe and a VAP (Visa
    Access Point?) box (it ran QNX) using nmap.  After dealing with the very
    irate Tandem Ops guy (I don't blame him), we determined that the nmap
    probe triggered some kind of fail-over detection.  I induced a hot fail
    over from one mainframe some kind of non-existant hot spare.  Or
    something.  Anyway, it was kind of funny.  The mainframe might have been
    "Mission critical", but it certainly was not fault tolerant... :)

    --
    djenkinsat_private                           Universal Savings Bank.
    Security Administrator, Unix Administrator, Alpha Geek

    The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
    iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.