RE: DoS bug on Tru64

From: Jethro Rose (jroseat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 00:35:13 PST

    I am unsure if it is a known problem (I'm fairly new to this list), however
    I managed to cause our SCO OpenServer 5.0 box to exhibit similar behavior,
    by simply running nmap (out of curiosity) against it with:

    nmap -v -v -O <ip of sco box>

    This was some time ago - I just put it down to SCO's dodgy per-connection
    licensing scheme and made a mental note to not scan that box - we didn't
    have a console available (only way into it via telnetd), so I couldn't
    verify whether or not it was only inetd that crashed.

    Regards

    Jethro