Re: Sapgui 4.6D for Windows

From: Andreas Baetz (andreas.baetzat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 22:25:56 PST

    On Friday 01 February 2002 14:27, Nick Wilkens wrote:
    > I was unable to recreate this using SAPGUI 46D patch level 483 or 6.10
    > Patch 13.   Which patch of 4.6D are you using?      And was it anything in
    > particular you sent to the port that caused the crash?
    >
    >  Nick Wilkens

    > The Sapgui 4.6D for Windows that we use at work, open a port
    > listen on a port >1024, wenn you connect to this port, maybee
    > with nmap or nc or something else, the sapgui crashed with
    > "unknown connection data". Can you reproduce this? Or is it a
    > local Problem?
    >

    > Greetings
    > Falk

    I tested with 46D Finale Release, File Version 4640.4.302.2172,
    and it is vulnerable. There are 3 Ports (at least) open above 1024,
    and if the middle one gets a syn packet, and the connection is
    closed thereafter, SAPGui reports "Failed to read connect data"
    and terminates. This works with telnetting to that middle port or
    with using nmap -sS.

    Andreas

    the system manager.

    This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
    for the presence of computer viruses.