RE: Long path exploit on NTFS

From: Didier Arenzana (darenzanaat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 00:59:14 PST

    Hello,
    I've tried the script with virus scan 4.5.0.534, signature file 4.0.4183.

    o If VirusShield is active while runing the script, it detects both files
    and prevent their generation, but crashes on the second one. However, even
    after the crash it's still active. The ceation of viruses is still not
    possible, but you are not warned anymore.

    o If VirusShield is not active while runing the script, and you scan the
    disk afterwards, the first file is detected and removed, the second one is
    not, and there is no error message of any kind.

    Regards,
    Didier.