Re: CSS -> ign.com

From: Steven Champeon (schampeoat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 18:54:55 PST

    on Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:42:37AM +0100, Knud Erik Højgaard wrote:
    > To add to the late plethora of CSS bugs, ign.com has some too.

    Would this be the right place to beg that the industry adopt the saner
    acronym "XSS" for "Cross site scripting", to distinguish between it and
    CSS, which to a large number of netizens means "Cascading Style Sheets"?
    Every time I see one of these reports, I think "how can there be a bug
    in CSS? It's a W3C Recommendation, not a piece of software..."

    Of course, the article I wrote on the subject back in April of 2000
    for Webmonkey /still/ allows you to do things like this:

     http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/00/18/index3a.html
     http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/00/18/index3a_page2.html?tw=barney
     http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/00/18/index3a_page2.html?tw=has%20no
     http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/00/18/index3a_page2.html?tw=>alert("!");</script>