RE: Long path exploit on NTFS

From: Elan Hasson (elanat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 20:25:12 PST

    I've had a bit of trouble with messed up file names/paths in Windows XP Pro
    (NTFS 5.1)

    C:\Documents and Settings\Elan Hasson\My Documents\My Files\To
    Burn\CD1\elan\compiled.org\sept11\saved_sites\Thousands' Workaday Scenario
    Turned Surreal
    (washingtonpost_com)_files\digest;dir=;kw=;pos=top;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=3952
    14103427214200_files\911united468x60.gif

    is it. I'm unable to rename/delete/copy/paste/open the file But Explorer
    says its 14.2 KB and returns a "Modified Date". I cant attach the file to
    this e-mail (i just tried heheh) i can't open it in_ANY_ applications.

    I'm not sure on the attachment policy of this list but i did attach the
    screen shot of the properties window for this file (ntfs_fucked.JPG). If the
    attachment does not go through, feel free to  email me (elanat_private) and
    i'll be happy to send it to you.

    Elan Hasson <elanat_private>
    		AIM: apiwizard