RE: UPDATE: [wcolburnat_private: SMTP relay through checkpoint fire wall]

From: Proescholdt, timo (Timo.Proescholdt@brk-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 15:55:49 PST

    > It's not just Checkpoint Firewall that has a problem with HTTP
    CONNECT.>
    > From what I can tell default installations of the CacheFlow web proxy
    > software, some Squid installations, some Apache installations with
    > proxying enabled, and some other web proxy installations I haven't
    > identified allow anyone to use the HTTP CONNECT method.  This is being

    Finjan-SurfinGate/4.0 ( NT ) is "vulnerable" , Trend Micro Interscan
    Viruswall ( 3.51 ) ( NT ) as well. Both do not seem to have a
    configuration
    switch to change this behaviour.
    Squid 2.3 STABLE 1 seems not to be affected by this issue, as there is
    no
    CONNECT Method allowed in default configuration.

    greetings
    timo