Re: CheckPoint FW1 HTTP Security Hole

From: Scott Walker Register (scott.registerat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 10:25:30 PST

    Check Point Statement on use of HTTP Connect commands

    As noted in the original posting, no escalation of privilege is granted via the use of HTTP Connect commands with the FireWall-1 HTTP security server; that is, connections via the HTTP security server are blocked unless specified in the rule base. Therefore, a properly constructed rule base mitigates the effect of this malicious use of a valid function of an HTTP proxy.

    Check Point is taking action to give administrators enhanced control of this type of connection, and will offer that improved functionality in the next product update.