Re: UPDATE: [wcolburnat_private: SMTP relay through checkpoint fire wall]

From: Menashe Eliezer (menasheat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 07:17:18 PST

    Finjan Software's Response:
    Finjan's SurfinGate security application can block the
    HTTPS protocol, including the previously tested
    version - 4.0. Furthermore, SurfinGate 6.01 can be
    configured to allow only a limited number of HTTPS
    sites and connections via certain ports.

    Timo explained to us that he wanted to configure
    Finjan SurfinGate to allow only HTTPS connections
    via port 443. We suggested upgrading to SurfinGate
    6.01 in order to define such a specific policy.

    Even if encrypted communication is permitted by the
    security administrator, Finjan SurfinShield Corporate,
    which is installed on the user's desktop, will monitor
    active content behavior.

    We thank Timo Proescholdt for checking SurfinGate,
    but we prefer to be contacted prior to publishing
    information of this nature in order to prevent any
    misunderstandings.

    --
    Menashe Eliezer
    Manager, Malicious Code Research Center