Re: RealPlayer bug

From: obscure (obscureat_private)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 14:15:25 PST

    Granted that it listens to localhost only, it could still be a huge problem
    depending on the configuration of the server. For example the server could
    running a proxy and at the same time have realplayer on.

    Therefore an attacker would connect to the Proxy and bounce from there to
    http://127.0.0.1:1275/template.html?src=file://C:/boot.ini

    I do not run realplayer at the moment so this is all hypothetical.

     Obscure - http://eyeonsecurity.net