linux <=2.4.18 x86 traps.c problem

From: Avery Buffington (avery.buffingtonat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 08:46:32 PST

    I've read a litte about a x86 specific bug discoverd by Stephan Springl
    related to the iBCS code in arch/i386/kernel/traps.c
    which allows a user to exploit the iBCS interface and kill processes not
    belonging to them.  The openwall site has a tiny blurb about it and I've
    seen it mentioned on the gresecurity mailing list, but I can't seem to
    find any other information about it.  Does anyone else know more about
    the details of this?

    thanks,

    -avery