More SWF vulnerabilities?

From: Drew Daniels (umdanie8at_private)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 14:29:43 PST

    Vulnerable systems: unpatched "standalone Flash
    players" (Macromedia Shockwave Flash player
    versions before January 2002?)

    Fix: "In response to the discovery of the virus, in
    January Macromedia released an update to its
    standalone Flash player that causes the player to
    ignore the "exec" action."

    Exploit Description: "Vengy's demo showed how
    the "save" command could be used to create a batch
    program on the hard disk of Flash standalone player
    users who viewed a movie containing the Trojan
    horse code. In the demo, the Trojan program
    executed when the victim rebooted his or her
    computer."

    Credit: Vengy ? (cyber_flashat_private ?)

    From:
    http://cartome.org/flash-hole.htm

    "Vengy's advisory on the Flash "save" vulnerability is
    at http://www.geocities.com/cyber_flash5/ ."

    "Macromedia's technical note on the "exec" hole is at
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/docume
    nts/standalone_update.htm ."

    "A description of the SWF/LFM-926 virus is at
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/swflfm926.
    html "

    I also tracked down this:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/docume
    nts/swf_clear.htm

    The SWF/LFM-926 virus exploites a related
    ActionScript command known as fscommand:exec
    which is in another vulnerability.

    These seem to be different than bid 2162.

    This is my first post to bugtraq and I am mearly trying
    relaying information from another source in order that
    vulnerabilities get the attention they deserve.

         Drew Daniels