Authentication with RSA SecurID and Outlook web access

From: Scalise, Marzio (marzioscaliseat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 01:58:58 PST

    I've found a strange authentication problem using SecurId and Outlook Web
    Access (OWA) on windows 2k in a client company.

    this is the normal procedure for reading the OWA mailbox:
    - SecurId Authentication, RSA token, username, pin
    - Logon page for OWA
    - OWA Authentication using username/password
    - Read mail

    This is what i do normally, and it works fine. However when i disconnect and
    then reconnect using a different OWA account on the OWA Authentication page
    i get the following error :

    "Your NT username (xxxxx) does not match your SecurID username (yyyyy)."

    When i then reload the error page multiple times i eventually get access to
    the mailbox of (xxxxx).

    I do not need the SecureId pass of the second NT user to get access, only
    the OWA password.

    Microsoft and SecurId was informed

    Regards

    Marzio Scalise

    KPMG Information Risk Management - Italy

    		KPMG S.p.A.
     		Corso Vittorio Emanuele II 48
     		10123 Torino
    		Italy

     		e-mail:		marzioscaliseat_private

     		pgp key is available at:
     		http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x606359A9

    privileged.
    It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by
    anyone else is unauthorized.

    distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
    on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to
    our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are
    subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing
    KPMG client engagement letter.