Re: 1024-bit RSA keys in danger of compromise

From: Hugh Pierce (hpierceat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:47:06 PST

    Eroding the web of trust is indeed unfortunate, but these developments may
    be too unnerving for some sections of crypto users to sit idle with the
    possibility hanging over their heads of the NSA being able to break <1024
    keys.
    The article below covers both arguments well:

    http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=712&a=24663,00.asp

    Hugh

    Hugh Pierce, Founder and CTO
    STUTZMANPIERCE, INC.