Re: Local Security Vulnerability in Windows NT and Windows 2000

From: Alexander K. Yezhov (adminat_private)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 12:31:21 PST

    Following upon the letter of Wednesday, March 27, 2002:

    AOK> DebPloitFix   assigns   the   new   security  descriptor  to  the
    AOK> DbgSsApiPort LPC port so only the local system (SYSTEM user) will
    AOK> be able to access this port.

    I've  seen  it  installed  on  Citrix Metaframe once. Clients couldn't
    connect  to the terminal server after installing this patch. Could you
    confirm that DebPloitFix cannot cause such problem ?

    Best regards, Alexander

             MCP+I, MCSE on Windows NT 4, MCSE on Windows 2000
      http://leader.ru http://tools-on.net (Security & Privacy on the Net)