Re: KPMG-2002006: Lotus Domino Physical Path Revealed

From: Nicolas Gregoire (ngregoireat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 04:01:01 PST

    02/04/2002 16:18:06, Peter Gründl <pgrundlat_private> wrote :

    >Problem:
    >========
    >Due to problems handling Windows DOS devices, the Domino Server
    >can be brought to show the physical location of the web root.

    >Corrective action:
    >==================
    >Upgrade to Lotus Domino V5.0.10, which can be downloaded here:
    >http://www.notes.net/qmrdown.nsf

    This upgrade solves the "banner disclosure" issue too, which was
    presented to Bugtraq readers in my post regarding "physical path
    disclosure" [1].

    Apparently, the banner string was hard-coded in the "htcgibin.exe"
    module ...

    Thanks to Peter Gründl <pgrundlat_private> for testing the lastest
    Domino release for this bug.

    [1] : http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/254768

    Nicolas Gregoire
    Exaprobe