Bypassing javascript filters - problem N3.

From: Alexander K. Yezhov (adminat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 11:37:49 PST

    Hello bugtraq,

      Title: Bypassing JavaScript filters
      Service: Anonymizer, maybe similar services

      Anonymizer  offers free and commercial services that allow to browse
      web safely. Since JavaScript can be dangerous, all script blocks and
      events are cut from html.

      Problem N3:

      Maybe  you  remember  the problem I've reported in 2001 - JavaScript
      code  could  be  executed  after parsing the html by Anonymizer. The
      same principle of "JavaScript inside JavaScript" gave me the working
      example of redirecting Anonymizer users recently.

      Demo is available as Test N3 at
      http://anon.free.anonymizer.com/http://tools-on.net/you.shtml

      The part of the code before parsing:

      onLoad="onLoad="document.cookie='rw=; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970
      onLoad="location='unprotected_location';"

      The same code after parsing:

      onLoad="location='unprotected_location';"

      Errors  generated  for visitors without Anonymizer are suppressed by
      window.onError handler.

      Problem status:

      Anonymizer has been contacted and patched already.

    Best regards, Alexander

             MCP+I, MCSE on Windows NT 4, MCSE on Windows 2000
      http://leader.ru http://tools-on.net (Security & Privacy on the Net)