Re: SQL injection in PHPGroupware

From: Adam McKenna (adamat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 17:04:32 PST

    On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:08:36PM +0200, Matthias Jordan wrote:
    > + Problem
    >
    > PHPGroupware 0.9.12 (the current release version) is vulnerable
    > to SQL injection. This enables each attacker who can access the
    > login page of PHPGroupware to take over the database. This is
    > true in particular for the Debian package phpgroupware
    > (0.9.12-3.2) that has been tested.

    > Solution involving more work: upgrade to 0.9.14 RC2. The problem
    > seems to be fixed there, but neither is there a Debian package
    > for it, yet, nor a statement that this bug has been fixed and to
    > what extent nor is it a release version.

    I'm having trouble figuring out why Debian is singled out in your post.  It
    doesn't appear as though you e-mailed securityat_private regarding this
    problem, nor did you file any bugs against the package in question, at least
    according to http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=phpgroupware

    Also, FWIW, the latest version of this software in Debian Unstable, according
    to packages.debian.org, is 0.9.14-0.RC2.1.  The package is not present in the
    stable version of Debian.

    --Adam

    --
    Adam McKenna  <adamat_private>  <adamat_private>