Re: Winamp: Mp3 file can control the minibrowser

From: Andreas Sandblad (sandbladat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 11:02:31 PST

    Hi Daniel Lorch and the rest of Bugtraq,

    it seems like Winamp staff just fixed the problem at server level to
    correctly
    filter out/convert html tags. Nice to see they so quickly adressed the
    problem. Less than 30 minutes? I want to thank
      Wolfgang Schemmel
      MfG thE_iNviNciblE
    for confirming the vulnerability and giving info.

    Daniel Lorch, I am very curious about the "ID3v1 URL Comment support" you
    are talking about. Can you show that it's still a feature in Winamp?
    According to some sites I searched the feature is achieved by adding:
    "!/URL" or "^/URL" in the comment field of the ID3v1 tag. Am I wrong? But
    it didn't
    work for me. If it should work I think it is a very dangerous feature.
    Specially given all the vulnerabilites in IE recently. (cookie bug etc...)

    Sincerely,
    Andreas Sandblad

    --
        _     _